Subscribe to My Credit Alert for:
- Your credit report
- PLUS your Equifax Score Rating
- See what banks and lenders see
- Directorship details
- Alerts to certain changes on your credit report
- Guard against identity theft
- Two payment options
For anyone juggling payments and bills from various essential service providers, from electricity and phone connections to rent or a mortgage, getting on top of their credit score may feel like a looming goal. However, with a few changes, you can begin to repair an unfavourable credit report.
Equifax specialises in credit reporting and identity security services. The following information will help you to understand what we can do for you.
Understanding your credit file assists you to make more informed decisions regarding your finances.
Understanding the role that credit reporters fill is a first step in taking control of your credit reputation.
You are entitled to access any credit information that we hold about you. When applying for access please provide us with sufficient data to enable us to verify your identity. Please note; where we are unable to verify your identity we may ask you for additional information before we can provide you with your credit file. This is to protect you from identity fraud.
You are entitled to get a copy of your credit report for free (to be supplied within 20 business days) or if you require this more quickly for a modest amount (to be supplied within 5 business days).
In addition, Equifax does offer other services. All services are set out below and described in detail on our products page.
- My Credit File - Your credit file will be dispatched to you within 20 working days, free of charge.
- My Credit File Express – Your credit file will be dispatched to you within five working days, for $9.95 inclusive of GST.
- My Credit Alert – For a 12 month subscription receive an email alert whenever certain changes occur on your credit file. This includes new credit enquiries which could alert you to potential fraud. You will also receive your credit report, dispatched to you within one working day for $59.95 per year inclusive of GST.
Please note that you may only request a copy of your own personal credit file. Find out more about these services.
* Equifax Score Ratings are not provided when any insolvency information is present on your credit file. Insolvency information remains on your credit file for four years from the date of discharge.